Thank you to everyone (30 SECONDS TO MARS, MYLES KENNEDY FANS and ALL the rest) who took part in our HANDS UP FOR LUCA project (inspired by Myles Kennedy)!
We achieved more than we hoped for thanks to your incredible participation & will to help a great child like Luca. We will not forget that. However, we will need your help once again.
Hands Up for Luca: Part Two
Everyone can participate in the second part (meaning you’re not required to have taken part in the first part). We’re asking you to:
- Print the full definition of the collage, go out in the streets (or generally somewhere outdoors) & post it wherever you can. Let’s make this huge! Maybe someone will see this & will decide to find more about Luca & maybe even donate. Take pictures of your efforts & email them at email@example.com with subject “Outer Mission For Luca” including your (Twitter/FB) name & country.
- Bring the collage to Myles Kennedy’s -Alter Bridge’s & Thirty Seconds To Mars’ attention by tweeting them its link to them (@MylesKennedy, @alterbridge , @30secondstomars, @jaredleto, @shannonleto, @tomofromearth). Make sure you mention @for_luca, @myleskquotes & @30stmvote in your tweets. (We know it’s a lot to ask in 140 characters, that’s why you’re encouraged to send more than one tweet)
(SURPRISE: COMING SOON!)
View the collage’s full definition.
Don’t forget to:
Like –> http://www.facebook.com/forluca1
Follow –> http://www.twitter.com/for_luca
Donate –> http://www.justgiving.com/forluca
Originally posted on Myles Kennedy Quotes’ Facebook
Congrats to our co-founder Sophie (aka @30STMVote) and Faye (aka @MylesKQuotes) for their project being featured on MTV Act! We are so proud and encourage everyone to get involved.
Learn more about the Hands Up for Luca project.
We’ve been having this project in our thoughts for quite a while & we believe it’s about time we launched it. It is created by @30STMVOTE & @MylesKQuotes (personal profiles: @sophiecaley & @marsketeer respectively).
We were inspired by Myles Kennedy (the frontman of Alter Bridge & Slash’s band) who recently did the famous “hands-up for Luca”.
Luca is a beautiful 3 year old who was struck down with Meningococcal Septicaemia in early January and his life changed forever. This horrendous disease ravaged every part of his body in hours and left him fighting for his life!
With less than a 3% chance of survival Luca pulled through, however, he was not unscathed.
Luca lost both of his legs and all of his tissue, some muscle and skin below his hips. He has massive skin and tissue and muscle loss across his arms and shoulders and is now fighting to save his knees which have been severely damaged.
Our main goal with the specific project is to raise awareness about Luca & his disease. How are we going to do that?
We want YOU to send a “Hands Up for Luca” picture to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send the email with subject “Hands Up for Luca”
- Include the picture (.jpg, .jpeg, .png extensions are acceptable).
- Please keep a decent quality in the picture.
- Include your Twitter name (or if you don’t have a Twitter account, your Facebook name) & your country in the email.
You can bring in your friends and/or family to take part. We aim to create a huge collage & share it with you. We want to make our voices heard because causes like that deserve to be acknowledged.
Deadline: 28th of February.
We’d like to encourage you to donate for Luca but this project does NOT require you to. This is about raising awareness, not raising funds. We want to give the chance to everyone out there to take part whether they have the ability to donate or not.
HOWEVER if you DO donate to this cause, please send us an email confirmation with your donation & we will specially thank you in the end of the project.
Important note: This project is not limited to the Echelon and/or the Myles Kennedy fans. Everyone is welcomed to take part in this beautiful cause, no matter the fanbase & no matter the music you listen to. This is about making the world a better place by spending 5 minutes from your life to spread the word about something valuable.
Originally posted on 30stmvote.tumblr.com